DIY Double Gourd Lamp Transformation

Monday, July 22, 2013

Sometimes I go ahead and finish a project and then just forget to blog about it.  Well, it happens a lot actually!  I'm going to do my best to share my latest DIY's here on the blog in the coming weeks.

First up is a lamp that I found at Homesense in the clearance section.  I had been looking for a lamp to place on top of the black cabinet in the family room.  Originally I had my eyes set on a $150 white marble base lamp, also from Homesense, but then when I spotted this one in the clearance section with a $27 price tag I couldn't pass it up.

I have been loving the look of white lacquered or glass double gourd lamps with a gold base forever but hadn't had any luck finding any.  This was the next best thing!

So here it is before:


A side by side of the before and after:


And the lovely newly refinished lamp sitting in it's new home:


I used a white satin spray paint by Valspar and then Rustoleum's gold metallic spray paint for the base.  It had a clear base which I later discovered I could remove to spray gold, which was made things much easier.  

Any hiccups? Of course.  Being overly impatient to attempt this transformation, I sprayed it on a very humid day.  Such a big mistake, which I knew, but I ignored.  So next time I spray anything, I will be sure to take a patience pill and wait until the temps are right.

Cheers,

5 comments:

  1. It turned out amazing, I have lamp waiting to be transformed for months! Got to tackle it and get done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finished product looks amazing! I don't have any patience either when spray painting :) {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You recollect the occasions you opened an application for him or a video on Amazon Fire and Amazon Kids.
    E27 LED Bulbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. LED changes over 80% of your electrical vitality into light vitality. So it does truly legitimize for what you pay off.LED Candle Bulbs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas