Pillow Machine

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

No, I didn't buy one...I think I may have turned into one! Seriously, oh goodness.

Okay, here's the deal.  In an effort to stop spending money, I'm staying home.  I don't know how, but I can go to the grocery store with five things on my list and leave with a cart full of miscellaneous items. Happens, every time.  It's so darn easy to justify buying "stuff".  So I'm determined to only go to the stores when we need something vs going to look around or to see what's new.  I just really want to spend more wisely from now on and I'm determined to make this happen.

So, to keep me from twiddling my thumbs when little J isn't too interested in hanging out with me, I've been taking care of household chores and organizing around here, but that can get kinda boring.  This is probably why I finally finished the roman shade, twas something to do other than twiddling thy thumbs.  To be honest, I'm quite glad I finally got around to completing it because I truly forgot just how much I love to sew.

Well, I was left with some leftover fabric from roman shade, a fair amount...enough to make some pillows I thought, so I did just that.  Made pillows.  Two.  First time I've done this, it was fun.

one of two

So then I thought to myself "self, you have four more pillows that you aren't using and lots of fabric leftover from the shop, perhaps you could make new slipcovers for them too".  Self was right.  So I made four more.

one of the four

two of the four

Oh.my.goodness.  

Seriously. Send help......nothing is safe.  The last pillow I made (which is now on our bed), I used an old sweater that I no longer wear.  Just cut it up and voila!  What's next?!  I don't know.

I need to go shopping ;)

Cheers,

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas