Happy, Happy!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Well, look at that!  Not a post in a couple of weeks.  I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday and a fantastic New Years!  Happy, happy New Years, friends!  2013, unreal.  There is something to be said about the new year.  A fresh start, a new beginning, a clean slate in some ways.  2012 was a busy year for us.  There were a lot of changes, some good, some bad.  I'm very much looking forward to 2013, I've been anxiously awaiting for it to arrive to be honest.

We very much enjoyed our first Christmas in our new home.  One of the most exciting events was the purchase and delivery of the anitqu-ish dining set I had mentioned in my last post.  You guys, I'm so excited about it and can't believe I almost left it behind.  It has filled the space perfectly and is in much better shape than I thought (do you do that, pick things apart when you're contemplating purchasing and then you make the decision to buy and you can't remember what was so wrong with it in the first place?!).  The leaves will eventually need refinishing and the buffet and hutch need new hardware, but nothing needs to be done immediately, which is nice.

Pictures, yes...here they are:





We're going to try switching the position of the hutch and the china cabinet.

I also picked up my newly framed Cozamia print, ah-mazing!



You guys, be sure to check Costco for framing, so affordable and they did a fabulous job.  We are using our old dining room chairs.  I need to recover the ones that came with the set, so they are in the basement until that gets done.  I'm also hoping to find a gorgeous off white rug that I had spotted a while back at Homesense and loved, but didn't know where I'd use it.  Now I do, hope they get another.

We ate Christmas dinner at our new-to-us dining table.  So much space, totally exciting.



Christmas morning brought lots of loveliness, we are thankful.  Two of my favourite gifts were these comfy slippers and this cozy blanket.  I like to get cozy. ha!




We then headed to Ottawa for New Years.  Spent NYE tobogganing at an awesome hill by our parents place.  We used to go here when we were our kids ages, so it was pretty cool to bring our own kids there.  We all had a blast, but truth be told, my butt is still killing me!  I'm getting old, ha!



And now here we are, back home, enjoying the last few days of our winter vacation.  Christmas decor is coming down, organizing the house is our number one task.  The New Year is here and it's a great feeling.  It seems as though many people are taking 2013 by the reigns and making it about doing what's right for them.  Lots of organization, no more holding back, just going for it.  For me, it's going to be about appreciating the little things.  Limiting my wants and taking joy in what I have.  I have so much to be thankful for.

Happy New Year, friends.  Let's make 2013 amazing!

Cheers,

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas