The Truth Is...

Friday, October 12, 2012

my own photo

Friends, it's Friday....what are your plans for the weekend?  Today, we got our hands dirty and started to plant our front garden.  Finally!  I've been dying to garden since we moved.  The builder was waiting for the house next to us to be bricked before they put in our sod.  That all happened this week and we weren't going to waste any more time!

The tree with the vibrant red leaves in the picture above is the one that I'm hoping to call mine tomorrow.  We're heading back to the garden center for the 3rd day in a row.  We are trying to decide if we want to get a mature tree vs young tree.  A mature tree will give us an instant tree vs having to wait a few years (or more) for the tree to have any type of size, but of course, that comes with a heftier price tag.

Okay, enough about the garden as I'm planning on posting all about it next week!

Here are this week's truths:

  • well, it's no secret, gardening is happening and I'm thrilled
  • the mornings are so chilly, we dug out the mitts, toques and fleece jackets
  • it seems as though ever since I straightened my hair last week that my curls are looser, weird, but I'm very much loving the look
  • incase you missed it, this post is a must read if your eyelashes refuse to curl
  • I'm totally giddy excited for Christmas
  • it feels as though I have a new perspective on blogging. I've realized I just need to keep it real and then the pressure is no longer there. we'll see how long that feelings lasts, but I'm hoping it's here to stay
  • we're off to the pumpkin patch tomorrow, can't wait! first time ever!
Happy weekend friends!

Cheers,

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas